Thursday, May 22, 2008

Making Special Memories...

Scene: Shaw's supermarket, this morning.

Skeevy-looking 60-ish cashier: (scanning my bag of jumbo marshmallows) Oh, I love these! I use my cigarette lighter to toast them for my granddaughter.

Me: (picturing burnt fingers) Yeah, they're yummy. Did you know you can do them in the microwave?

Skeevy cashier: Huh. We tried doing them over the stove once, but it's electric and it just melted onto the burner and caught fire.

Me: (at a loss for words)


Nana said...

I've found that chocolate also melts nicely directly on the stove top. No saucepan or anything needed. Just plunk that chocolate right down on the smooth stove top and turn on the heat. Making smores has never been easier! :)

#1quiltinggrandma said...

Re: Marshmellows and electric stove. Some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield. Tom/grandpa