Friday, May 30, 2008

Charming.

Bear and I were sitting on the front porch, when one of the roofers working across the road shouted an impressively creative string of profanities. She looked at me with wide eyes, obviously wanting to laugh but checking my reaction first. Before I could comment, the same guy launched into a charming impromptu song containing the lyric "Then I licked her -", which was blesedly drowned out by his buddy's roars of appreciative laughter.

After moving our lunch inside, I explained calmly to Bear that when you don't go to college & find yourself nailing shingles to a roof for minimum wage, you have to make your own entertainment.

"Boy, they must be really bored," she commented.

3 comments:

#1quiltinggrandma said...

Great explanation dear wonderful Mom of Bear. No pun intended, but you hit the nail right on the head reference the roofers :-)

Nana said...

Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

My brother is a roofer in Maine. He has a college degree (though I will concede that he doesn't use it for his job) and he makes almost triple minimum wage. Not that he isn't crude... I'm just saying.