Thursday, October 2, 2008

Autumn Sunrise + Unmitigated Bragging

When I caught a glimpse of this amazing technicolor sunrise out the kitchen window Monday morning, I snatched my camera and ran out into the yard in my pajamas. Within two minutes, the color was completely washed away by the rising sun. It was worth the damp socks and public display of nightwear to capture it.
In other news, Bear brought home her very first junior high school progress report today. We've been working hard with her to keep her organized, and she has been putting a lot of effort into homework, so it was with a face flushed with pride that she handed me a printout with the following grades:

Band - A+

English - A

Reading - B

Social Studies - A

Math - A

Excel Science - A

Well, look at that. Hard work and organization does pay off. I could swear someone's been telling Bear that. Now, who was it? Hmmm... Oh, right. ME. (And possibly her father, too, but this is my blog, so I get most of the credit).

2 comments:

Nana said...

Way to go, Bear! Whatever you guys are doing to help her learn good organizational skills, keep it up!!

Nice pics!

#1quiltinggrandma said...

"Reading B???????? This is a big mistake. We all know our girls are exceptional readers! I protest!

You should considering entering your photos into competition. Awesome!