Wednesday, June 18, 2008

If That Was Summer, I'd Like a Refund


We just had a lovely ten day run of temps in the 80's and 90's, blue skies, abundant sunshine, and deliciously warm pool water. For the last four days, it has alternately rained, misted, and drizzled with highs in the 70's. Today is the girls' Field Day, which they will be spending IN THE GYMNASIUM instead of outdoors. Bear is cranky about this. "My last Field Day is going to suck," she told me at breakfast.
I have a theory.
Now, not to be pointing fingers or anything, but my parents are due to arrive on Thursday. Every time they have visited in the summer, the weather has been pissy. Summer 2005? I took them to Popham Beach, which was so socked in by fog that I had to swear to them that they were standing in front of an ocean. Summer 2007? My brother's wedding, which was grey, cool, and downright gusty.
This week's forecast calls for rain showers every single day and highs in the 60's and 70's.
I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

#1quiltinggrandma said...

Gees, I am sorry, but have you noticed that whenever we visit, the weather and life is perfect. We won't think or count our last visit dear Jenn, when you were in such pain from your tooth. Please, lets not have a repeat of that this upcoming visit.

Love you all