Monday, June 15, 2009

Men Just Don't Get It

Scene: Saturday afternoon, biking the carriage roads at Acadia National Park. Bear and I had ridden ahead. We finally stopped to sit on some rocks by the road to wait for Daddy Shortbread and Bug. A few minutes later, they pedalled up the hill to join us.

DS (smiling and shaking his head): You know, it's funny...as we were coming up the rise, I could see you up ahead...

Me (waiting for a compliment): ...

DS: And at first I could only see the top half of you...

Me (still waiting for the compliment): ...

DS (grinning): ...and I thought you were taking a squat right by the path.

Me (disgusted): Are you KIDDING me? Have we MET? Like I would do that! I thought you were going to tell me how pretty I looked...don't you men know the mileage you could get out of telling us things like that? Jesus...

5 comments:

Butternut Boutique said...

Men!!!

Linda said...

Like you would do it right out there in the middle of the bike trail for all to see! :) After 14 years of marriage, you're finally learning that men don't think before they speak.

Daddy S. said...

Oh, the really frightening part is that men DO think before we speak. You can't imagine what gets screened out.

Dawn in D.C. said...

No, they do not get it. And I really don't understand.

A recent outing in the middle of nowhere had me going down a hill, behind a tree,and then behind a boulder. Even though I knew no one else was out there, I asked him to watch out. Oh, he did...after he took my picture walking down the hill and behind the tree.thankyouverymuch

Anonymous said...

So funny!

-FringeGirl