Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry & Bright

Have you ever placed a treat in front of a dog but not allowed them to eat it until you give the command? That's pretty much my kids in this picture. Taken just an hour or so ago on Christmas Eve, they knew that once I got a decent shot of them in front of the tree, they'd be allowed to open their Christmas gifts from Uncle Awesome and Aunt Fabulous. If you look carefully, you can see the barely suppressed gleam of manic hysteria in their eyes.

Once I finish up with this, we will begin negotiations for Christmas Morning Protocol:

What time can they wake us up? 7:30.
How about 6:30? Fine, 7:00.
6:45?? Sorry, 7:00 is my final offer.
Can they go into each others' rooms? Yes, if you're quiet.
What about watching TV in the living room? Nope.
Can they peek in the living room? Yes, but no touching the gifts.
What about stockings? Can they touch stockings? No. Peeking only.
Are we opening gifts before breakfast? Yes, but I reserve the right to pause gift-opening to fetch a cup of coffee.

Merry Christmas from Maine!

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

Love it. We have had negotiations tonight too. Merry Christmas!

Jen on the Edge said...

We've negotiated 7:30 wake up times, with no sneaking downstairs before then.

Merry Christmas!

Dawn in D.C. said...

I remember the days of negotiation very well. I was just sitting here this morning (at 6am-couldn't sleep) thinking the only time I miss little ones is on Christmas morning. Sometimes it doesn't seem like Christmas without someone whispering "Mommy, is it time?" in my face at 0dark30 on Christmas morning. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Jenn & clan!

Mary Alice said...

Hope you all had a great one.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Would you believe that we woke everyone up at 10:30?

I could see the gleam!